Friday, August 19, 2011

Adventure on a Couch:

I am so sorry to all my adoring fans *takes a bow* I believe that my following is up to ….drum role please!....2 two whole followers.   Any whoootzen on with the story.

Adventure on a Couch:

As it turns out, when I sleep on couches I am an abusive sleeper.  I would like to apologize now for whacking my roommate.   I was roommates with a very good friend of mine during camp this year, it was a great time.  She and I shared an apartment in the camp, it had a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room and sleeping room. ( I prefer to call it a sleeping room)  We however were cruely forced to sleep in the living room on a pull out hideous… er.. I mean hide-a-bed. The mattress of the hide a bed in this particular couch was of the most foul type so, being clever, I took two twin mattresses and we used those instead.  Over all it was quite comfortable, not too soft, not too hard and not, to quote my room mate, unlike sleeping in a spoon.  It sloped from the head toward the foot, from the sides to the middle, and from the feet toward the head.  There was more than once in the dead of night I woke up VERY close to my room mate, each in our separate sleeping bags, but quite uncomfortably close.

Its no wonder I would get violent.  Between the kids knocking on the door with fake sicknesses, the kids throwing tantrums at 4 in the morning and everything else I believe that I am slightly validated in whacking my poor roomie.  It seems it was the night before her birthday, about 2 in the morning I should say, when all of the sudden, my right arm flew in the air and remained there for a few moments before crashing down upon her.  She responded "eeerrhhhggg" I believe I quote directly.  I kind of remembered this upon waking but fearing for my life I chose not to mention it.  However in time (about 6 hours) my curiosity over came my fear, so asked her if she remembered.  Much to my chagrin she had not remembered it until I brought it up.  oops.   She however is still my good friend, but at the next camp I did finally find myself sleeping on a camping cot.....hmmmm I wonder if there is connection.

Well the lesson learned in all of this is: sleep in a normal bed and no one gets hurt. 

3 comments:

  1. I like sleeping on cots, they are cozy! I'm sending my small horde your way so be prepared ;) Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add a follower to that list :0) I'm an abusive sleeper too. Serves my husband right when he's teased me the day before LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kiddo. Just popped over from the Princess and wanted to say hi. Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete